FACTS Annual Fee Reminder
Tuition accounts for the 2018-2019 school year will be activated in early to mid-May. Once your account is activated, FACTS will charge you a one time annual fee, depending on how many payments you have selected to make. The fees are as follows:
- One payment: $0
- Two Payments: $10
- Three or More Payments: $45
If you need to change your payment plan, please contact the high school office at 708.672.3262 as soon as possible.
FACTS charges these additional fees as well:
- Credit card service fee is 2.85%
- Returned payment fee is $30
- Peace of mind benefit (optional) is $20
Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Mr. Philip Adickes has accepted the Call to serve as the Dean of Students at the JH/HS. Mr. Adickes has over 20 years of teaching experience, and is currently serving as the Principal and a teacher at Zion Lutheran Church & School in Denver, CO. Please keep him and his family in your prayers as they plan to join the Illinois Lutheran family.
Illinois Lutheran is requesting a graduate from Martin Luther College to teach math at the JH/HS.
ILS Financial Assistance & Empower Illinois Scholarship
Illinois Lutheran provides need-based financial assistance to families. This is different from the Empower Illinois Scholarship.
- This Scholarship is provided by funds that were donated to the state of Illinois. Some of those funds were designated for students attending Illinois Lutheran (our individual donors). Some donations were made by corporations for all students in Illinois who are eligible.
- The application for Empower Illinois is done on their website. They are in the process of reviewing and awarding those scholarships, which likely won’t happen until June 2018.
Financial Assistance from ILS:
- Illinois Lutheran offers need-based financial assistance to families.
- This is SEPARATE from the Empower Illinois Scholarship application. If you have applied for the Empower Illinois Scholarship, or you have received financial assistance from ILS in the past, we recommend that you APPLY NOW for financial assistance.
- Applications for financial assistance are available online through FACTS.
- The deadline for returning families has been extended. It is essential that returning families apply for financial assistance before Friday, May 18, 2018. This is the cutoff date. We cannot guarantee that you will be considered for financial assistance unless you do so before this date.
- Your child/children must be registered for the 2018-2019 school year before applying for financial assistance.
International Student Housing
ILS is currently in its fourth year of serving International Students. In order for us to continue to have these types of opportunities, we are in need of host families for the upcoming school year. There is a stipend of $800 per month given to families who host to offset the cost of housing these students.
ILS International Program
Have you ever wondered how the International Program works at Illinois Lutheran? We work with Global School Access to assist us in finding students who are interested in studying in the United States. Watch the video below to learn about our program! Are you interested in hosting an International student? Contact the high school at 708.672.3262 to learn more.
Junior High Play – Show at 7 PM Tonight
This evening, Thursday, April 26 at 7 PM, the Junior High Drama program will be presenting their spring play: Peter Bloedel’s, The Rules of Comedy. Join us as we educate our audience on what is funny and what is not funny. Sure to be a hilariously good time, we will put our Rules of Comedy to the test, by applying them to possibly the most tragic play of all time: Hamlet. All are invited to come tonight and enjoy this outrageous show in the Illinois Lutheran Elementary School gym.
Teacher In-Service Early Release Day – Friday, May 4
Students will be released early on Friday, May 4 for Teacher In-Service Day.
- Elementary School Early Release at 11:15 AM
- Junior High & High School Early Release at 11:30 AM
These Faculty In-Service days are a key component in the ongoing development and improvement of the curriculum at Illinois Lutheran. We meet during the day because many of our teachers coach sports and activities after school.
Eighth Grade Constitution Test
The 8th Grade Constitution Test has been scheduled for Friday, May 11. All students are required to take the test. Students have study guides from which they can study. The class has been practicing the learning of the different parts of the Constitution. Should there be a need for retakes in case of a failing grade, after school dates and times will be provided.
Prism Concert & Senior Night
On Friday, May 11 at 7 PM the Illinois Lutheran choral program will be presenting its annual Prism Concert. This event will take place at Illinois Lutheran High School and will be followed by Senior Night, which will include presentation of senior awards, goodbyes, and more. The theme for the night’s concert is “A Night at the Movies” and will feature Micahtam, Concert Choir and various soloists singing songs from the big screen and more. Don’t miss an entertaining night of wonderful music, as well as a chance to say goodbye to the Class of 2018.
Spring Band Concert
On Sunday, May 20 at 7 PM the Illinois Lutheran band program will be presenting its Spring Concert. The theme for this concert is “Not as easy as it looks,” and will highlight the exceptional skills needed for a great performance. The concert will take place at Illinois Lutheran High School and will feature bands from elementary level to high school. Please join us for a wonderful night of music.
Please join us in celebrating these teacher anniversaries and thanking God for the dedicated service of these faithful workers in ministry.
Joe Archer, 40 years
Tim Rimpel, 40 years
Beth Schuppe, 35 years
Scott Sievert, 35 years
SpBAM Award Winners
Congratulations to these Junior High students who placed at the SpBAM meet that was held this past weekend.
- 2nd Place – Emma Oestmann, 8th Grade
- 2nd Place, Blue Team – Emma Oestmann (8th), Jonah Uhlenbrauck (7th), Leiah Foley (7th), Grace Atherton (7th)
- 3rd Place – Emma Oestmann (8th), Leiah Foley (7th), Jonah Uhlenbrauck (7th), Madelyn Italiano (7th), Kristen Danielewicz (7th)
3rd Place – Emma Oestmann (8th), Kristen Danielewicz (7th), Madelyn Italiano (7th), Jonah Uhlenbrauck (7th), Grace Atherton (7th)
- Kelsey Bruns, 7th Grade
- Anna Haemker, 8th Grade
- Emma Oestmann, 8th Grade
- Savannah Petway, 7th Grade
- Nicole Alexander, 7th Grade
- Brianna Bettenhausen, 8th Grade
- Julia Cockrum, 8th Grade
- Madelyn Italian, 7th Grade
- Zoe Biesterfeld, 7th Grade
- Brooke Reardon, 7th Grade
- Hunter Schmitt, 8th Grade
Farewell Chapel Service
ILS will be hosting two special chapel services to recognize and say goodbye to the members of our faculty who have accepted divine calls to teach elsewhere next school year. We want to thank them for the blessing they have been to our ministry here in Crete and wish them well as they move on to new roles in sharing the Gospel. You are invited to join us! There will be a farewell service at each campus at which parents are invited to attend:
- Junior High/High School – Friday, May 18 at 9:48 AM in the HS gym
- Grade School – Friday, May 25 at 10 AM in the grade school gym
There will be student awards presented at the Grade School and special recognition of the departing faculty at both campuses, as well as refreshments served following the service with time for fellowship. Thank you to the Charger Parent Association and Boosters for organizing this event.
Save the Date for Charger Summer Camps!
Registration forms are available from either school office, or click on the link below.
- Golf Camp – June 4 -8
- Soccer Camp – June 11-15
- Basketball Camp – June 25-29
- Volleyball Camp – July 23-27
Prom will be held on Friday, May 4 at Parmesans Station, 18001 S. 80th Avenue in Tinley Park. The dinner will start at 6 PM and the dance will follow from 7 – 10 PM. Tickets are $20 per person for just the dance and $45 per person for the dance and dinner (juniors and seniors only).
Dear brothers and sisters in our Risen Lord, Zion Lutheran Church in Crete is happy to share the following news along with our invitation. We are blessed to now have a second pastor to assist in carrying out the ministry of Word and Sacraments, here at Zion Lutheran Church. Pastor Michael Schneider will be installed into this pastoral office on Sunday, April 29 at 3:30 PM. Please consider yourself invited. Following this service there will be a special meal in the high school gym behind our church. Feel free to call our church office at 708.672.8600 to let us know of your desire to join us for this special occasion and meal.
ILS 22nd Annual Golf Outing
Mark your calendars for the ILS 22nd Golf Outing & Dinner on Saturday, June 16! Registration Forms and Donation Forms are available by clicking on the links below, as well as in both school offices. They will also be available at Trinity and Zion Church.
ILS Spirit Wear
Check out our new items! Place your order for Chargers Spirit Wear by Thursday, May 3. Pick up your order form in either school office, or print them using the link below. Submit your form with your payment to either school office. Thank you in advance!
Hot Lunch – May Orders Due Friday
Weekly orders are due the Friday PRIOR to the week you are ordering for. Single orders are $3 and double orders are $3.75.
May orders will be due on Friday, April 27. The last day of hot lunch this school year is Friday, May 18.
Same day hot lunch orders (orders placed at the window or turned into the office the day of the hot lunch they are ordering), will be increased to $4 for single orders and $4.75 for double orders. Thank you!
The last Pizza Day this school year will be May 14. There will be NO Pizza Day on Monday, May 21.
Pizza Day orders are due the Friday prior to the week you are ordering for. The first slice is $2 and each additional slice is $1. Checks can be made out to ILS.