Junior High & High School
News & Notes
5/6/21 – 5/13/21
Hot Lunch Coordinator
Illinois Lutheran Schools is looking for a new Coordinator for our Hot Lunch Program. This individual will be in charge of:
- Manage a high functioning kitchen team and weekly schedule.
- Plan, prepare, present and deliver all meals served at both school buildings.
- Purchase food and supplies, and manage inventory.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Compliance with federal, state, county and local regulations.
- Maintain accurate budget, and work within the guidelines set forth in the budget.
- Inspect food storage rooms for upkeep and supply control.
- Maintain a sanitary work environment and conform to all local codes and policies regarding proper storage, handling and serving of food.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing necessary forms, reports, evaluations, studies, etc. to assure control of equipment and supplies.
- Will need to complete class(es) for approved food handlers license, and agree to be fingerprinted.
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal as needed.
Early Release Day Tomorrow
Students will be released early on Friday, May 7 for Teacher In-Service Day. These Faculty In-Service days are a key component in the ongoing development and improvement of the curriculum at Illinois Lutheran.
- Elementary School Early Release at 11:15 AM
- Junior High & High School Early Release at 11:30 AM
- Preschool Early Release at 11:30 AM
JH & HS Campus – Final Week Schedule – Updated
The last week of school at the Junior High & High School will be the week of May 24 – 28. PLEASE NOTE THE EARLY START AND UPDATED END TIMES ON THE 26TH, 27TH AND 28TH. Here is the schedule for the last week of school at the Junior High/High School:
- Monday, May 24: 8:17 AM – 3:18 PM
- Tuesday, May 25: 8:17 AM – 3:18 PM
- Wednesday, May 26: 8:15 AM – 12:30 PM
- Thursday, May 27: 8:15 AM – 12:30 PM
- Friday, May 28: 8:15 AM – 11:00 AM
Elementary Campus Closing a Week Early
This summer we are excited to be starting the first phase of our remodeling and renovation project at the Illinois Lutheran Elementary campus. We are so happy to see this process really get going and are even more excited to see how these changes will make for an even greater environment at ILS. In order to finish this project this summer, the Elementary school students will finish the school year a week early on Friday, May 21.
The Prom Dinner & Dance Banquet will be held at CD & ME in Frankfort (23320 South La Grange Road, Frankfort, IL 60423) on Friday, May 7 from 6 PM – 10 PM.
River Valley Conference Scholar Athletes
Congratulations to seniors Avery Nastepniak and Vinny Cantu who were nominated to represent Illinois Lutheran High School at the River Valley Conference Scholar Athlete Virtual Banquet. Click here to watch the award presentation.
High School Baseball & Softball Pictures Rescheduled
The team and individual photos have been rescheduled for Monday, May 10 at 2:30 PM. Please be sure that your child brings their uniform to school that day. A few days after photo day, you will receive an email from Image Group to order photos.
Illinois Lutheran Outdoor Music Festival
We would like to invite you to the Illinois Lutheran Outdoor Music Festival featuring all Illinois Lutheran bands, choirs, ensembles and soloists!
The Festival will be held outdoors on the south side of Illinois Lutheran High School (1610 Main Street in Crete, IL) on Sunday, May 16 at 2:00 PM. Food and drinks will be sold during the Festival.
The Festival will also be live streamed on the ILS TV YouTube channel.
Please bring your own chairs. Masks and social distancing will be required. Join us for a wonderful afternoon as we celebrate our students and their musical abilities! Questions? Please contact Mr. Josiah Willitz at email@example.com or 708.672.3262, ext. 108.
Hot Lunch Program
To set up your account, please click on these links and refer to the following instructions:
- Junior High/High School Parents
- Elementary School Parents
- Once you set up your account and place your child’s hot lunch order, you will make your payment directly to School Eatery.
- If you have any questions about ordering or the payment process, please contact School Eatery directly at 800.570.6755. or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have children in both buildings, you will need to set up a separate account and login with a separate email.
ILS Golf Outing – Register Now
- When: Saturday, June 19, 2021
- Where: Lincoln Oaks Golf Course, 395 E Richton Road in Crete, IL 60417
- Registration: 11:45 AM
- Shotgun Start: 1:00 PM
- Dinner: 6:00 PM
We will have a few changes due to Covid, but we are hoping and praying for a beautiful day! Questions? Contact Mr. or Mrs. Cantu at email@example.com.
Charger Stampede 5K – Register Now
The Illinois Lutheran Wellness Committee is excited to announce the inaugural Charger Stampede 5K being held on Saturday, June 26! Illinois Lutheran families are invited to join us for this run/walk. Online registration is required by June 9.
If you are interested in making a donation or volunteering, please contact the Wellness Committee Chairman, Mr. Adam Oestmann at firstname.lastname@example.org or the school office at 708.672.3262. We look forward to seeing you on June 26!
- Online registration is required and open until June 9
- When: Saturday, June 26, 2021
- Where: Goodenow Grove, 27064 Dutton Rd in Beecher, IL 60401 (upon arrival, follow the directions to the campground parking lot)
- Check-in: 8:30 AM
- Begins: 9:00 AM
- All participants will be required to sign a liability waiver at check-in
- T-shirts are available for pre-purchase for $10 each (payment due at check-in)
8th Grade Graduation
This year’s 8th Grade Graduation Ceremony will be held in the ILHS Gym at 7:00 PM on Friday, May 28. Due to current COVID restrictions, each student may bring up to 6 guests (family and friends) to the service. All guests will be required to wear a mask. We will be following social distancing protocols. Plan now to join us for this celebration service.
8th Grade Video
For 8th grade graduation, Mrs. Oestmann is looking to put together a photo slideshow. She is requesting that each family submit photos of their 8th grader including a baby photo, current 8th grade photo and any additional school activity photos. Please send the photos to email@example.com.
Class of 2021 Graduation & Senior Night
Dear Senior Parents,
As we approach the end of the school year, we wanted to share with you our plans for Graduation and Senior Night.
Graduation remains on Sunday, May 30 at 3:00 PM. This year’s graduation will be similar in format to last year. We will have a tent set up outside with some seating provided under the tent. We are not limiting the number of guests because we can spread out around the tented area. Parents and guests may bring their lawn chairs for additional seating. Face masks must be worn, and we will practice social distancing.
Senior Night – Thursday, May 20
This year we would like to do something new to honor our senior class. Due to COVID restrictions, we cannot honor our seniors at the spring Prism Concert as we have in the past. In place of that, we are planning to have a special Senior Night to celebrate senior accomplishments on Thursday, May 20, at 7:00 P.M. This event will be held in the ILHS gym.
Because of the COVID restrictions, each senior may invite up to 6 people per family. All attendees must wear a face mask. We will be following COVID protocols on social distancing. Families will be allowed to sit in groups. During the evening we will present senior awards, announce the valedictorian and salutatorian, show the class video, and allow the seniors to share their memories and thank yous.
Please plan now to be with us for these special events.
Again this year we have custom signs for each graduating senior. The signs will be posted on the north side of Zion church the week of May 17. PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THESE SIGNS! We do plan to use them at the graduation ceremony. They will be available for pick up after the graduation ceremony on May 30. Thank you for your cooperation!
Summer Drivers Ed Classes – 201U Residents
Illinois Lutheran students who have completed their sophomore year and live in the 201U school district are eligible for Drivers Education Class at Crete-Monee High School. For more information about enrollment, please click here.
We Need Your Support!
Do you want to share your experience and love for Illinois Lutheran with other families who are seeking a Christian education for their children? There’s an easy way to do that! Plus, you’ll be entered into a $1,000 sweepstakes for taking a short survey about Illinois Lutheran High School. As a part of the Illinois Lutheran family we truly value your opinion and would love you to share that with the world. Please take a few moments and click on the link below to write a review of Illinois Lutheran High School at Niche.com. If we reach 75 reviews by May 14, we will be rewarding our students with an ice cream day! Thank you so much for your support!
Golden Opportunity Books – Discounted Price
Golden Opportunity Books are on sale for $15 at both of the school campuses. Two versions are available: Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana. These books offer great discounts for restaurants, movies and more! If paying by check, please make checks out to Illinois Lutheran.
Summer Charger Camps
The Illinois Lutheran Summer Charger Camps are open for registration!
- All camp grade levels are based on the grade the student is entering in the fall of 2021.
- REGISTER ONLINE ONLY – Registration and payment is due one week before the camp starts.
- Masks and social distancing will be required, per IDPH guidelines.
- Camp attendees should bring bottled water.
- Click here to view the 2021 Summer Charger Camp brochure.
Questions? Please contact Mr. Nate Hinz, Illinois Lutheran Activities Director, at 708.672.3262, ext. 114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FACTS Tuition Accounts for 2021-2022
Tuition accounts for the 2021-2022 school year will be activated at the end of May. Once your account is activated, FACTS will charge you a one time annual fee, depending on how many payments you have selected to make. The fees are as follows:
- One payment: $20
- Two Payments: $20
- Three or More Payments: $50
Changes to your Account:
- If you need to change your payment plan or any dates associated with your payments, contact Mrs. Jessica Bushey at email@example.com. Please do not set up a new account in FACTS. Any changes to your schedule should be made by the office.
- If you need to update your financial information, you can login to FACTS and make the change (the office does not have the ability to change your financial information).
FACTS charges these additional fees as well:
- Credit card service fee is 2.85%
- Returned payment fee is $30 per incident
- Peace of mind benefit insurance (optional) is $20
Questions? Contact Mrs. Bushey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708.672.3262, ext. 123.
Absences – PLEASE NOTIFY US BY 7:45 AM
If your child is going to be absent, please be sure to contact the school office by 7:45 AM at 708.672.3262 or send an email to email@example.com. Thank you!
If your child has any of the symptoms listed below, all other children in the household must stay home as well. Questions? Please contact the office at 708.672.3262.
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- New loss of sense of taste or smell
- Muscle or body aches
As the COVID-19 pandemic and information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) continues to evolve, we will update you with the most current information that we have available.
Directions for eLearning at ILS
For students who will be remote learning at home, use these Remote Learning Instructions to view the directions for logging into your classes.
Remote Learners – Reminders
Just a couple of reminders for students who are remote learning.
- If your child is going to be absent from class, please notify the office by 7:45 AM at 708.672.3262 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Remote learners need to make sure that they are checking the Daily Bulletin every morning by 8:30 AM as well as during Chapel. There may be information posted there that they need to know for the day.
Do you need to order milk, PE uniform, Bible, etc? Please submit your electronic Bookstore Order. For your convenience, your fees will be added to your FACTS account, and you will no longer need to make payments in the office. Questions? Contact Mrs. Jessica Bushey at email@example.com.
A routine family devotion is essential for the Christian family. Reading the Bible, singing, and praying together. Do you need help creating a meaningful family devotional time? Click here for Daily Devotion ideas.
Illinois Lutheran Schools App
Have you downloaded the Illinois Lutheran Schools App? This is the best way to receive the most up-to-date information from the school. It’s important that every parent downloads this app!
Check out the key features:
- Keep track of the events that are relevant to you.
- Get personalized notifications reminding you about events and schedules that are important to you.
- Sync events with your calendar with a click of a button.
- Access the Athletic & Activities calendar with one click.
- Enjoy the ease of finding all of the necessary information you need right here in the app!
- Get tailored information from your groups based on your subscriptions.
- Get the latest updates from Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.