Junior High & High School
News & Notes
1/16/20 – 1/23/20
Concession Volunteers Needed
We are in desperate need of concession volunteers over the next few weeks. Parents who have a child participating in a sport at all levels: grade school, junior high and high school, are required to volunteer.
Your willingness to help out goes a long way in supporting the many activities at Illinois Lutheran. Thank you for your support! Questions? Contact Mr. Nate Hinz.
- If you have one child participating in a sport or activity, please sign up two times.
- If you have two or more children participating, please sign up one additional time per child (2 children = 3 times; 3 children = 4 times, etc.).
- If your game is cancelled, you will need to find a new time to volunteer.
- If you have to cancel, you will need to find a replacement, as well as notify us as soon as possible at 708.672.3262.
School Closed on Monday for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Campuses will be closed and students will have no school on Monday, January 20, in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
Call for Executive Director
Illinois Lutheran Schools has called Mr. Duane Vance to serve as our Executive Director. Mr. Vance currently serves as the Principal at Jerusalem Lutheran School in Morton Grove, IL. Please keep Mr. Vance and his family in your prayers as he deliberates his calls.
Seniors and Senior Parents
A letter was sent home regarding yearbook and senior photos and/or ads. Please e-mail email@example.com if you did not receive this mailing. The deadline for all photos and/or yearbook ads is January 31, 2020.
Please submit the photos as a JPEG file or have your son or daughter bring in a physical copy of the picture that we can scan at the school.
ILHS Lock-In 2020
The high school lock-in will be held on Saturday, February 1 from 5:45 PM to Sunday, February 2 at 5 AM.
- To attend, all high school students must check in at 5:45 PM at school and attend 6 PM church at Zion. Only students who check-in at 5:45 PM and attend worship at 6 PM will be admitted.
- Each student should bring a snack to share.
- There will be a couple of gaming rooms, and a movie room. All games/movies must be approved by Mr. Adickes.
- Permission slips and money need to be handed in by Friday, January 24 at 8:15 AM.
- Admission for the lock-in will be $12 per student. After the lock-in, each student is required to help clean up. At the end of the lock-in, once you finish with clean-up and sign out, you will get $5 back.
Seniors & 8th Graders – Graduation Picture Orders Due Tomorrow
If you plan to order graduation pictures for your child, please submit the order to the office by tomorrow, January 17. If you took retakes, your order will be due at a later date.
Keep Current Program
In order to make sure our students are keeping up with their classwork, Illinois Lutheran is extending our Keep Current program after school. Beginning the week of January 27, students with missing assignments will stay after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays to give them time to complete their work. Students will remain after school until the work is complete or 4:00 PM.
First Semester Honor Roll
Congratulations to the junior high and high school students who made the first semester honor roll!
Baseball Coach Needed
Illinois Lutheran Schools is looking for a qualified coach to help out with the high school baseball program. All applicants can submit their resumes to Mr. Nate Hinz. Questions? Contact Mr. Hinz at 708.205.7807 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emergency Closing Center
Please note that for school closings due to bad weather, you will be contacted with the information that is on file. Please be sure the information is up to date. You can click on this link to check the Emergency Closing Center for school closings.
HS Indoor Track – Player, Parent & Coach Meeting
The HS Indoor Track sports meeting for players, parents and coaches will take place at 6:30 PM on Tuesday, February 4 at the high school. This meeting is mandatory for all athletes and parents. Please make sure that you have registered your child before the meeting, by clicking on the link below. Questions? Contact Mr. Nate Hinz or Coach Tomfohrde.
Parking Lot Reminder
During Pick-Up and Drop-Off Only:
- Traffic should ENTER ONLY from the NORTH (the entrance closest to the school road sign).
- Traffic should EXIT ONLY from the SOUTH.
Any Other Time:
- At any other time of the day, including evening and weekend practices, games and events, both entrances should be used for traffic coming in and out.
- Please follow the traffic arrows marked on the parking lot.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Please use extreme caution and safety whenever you enter or leave our parking lot. Questions? Please contact the high school at 708.672.3262.
Hot Lunch – February Orders Due January 31
A few easy steps and your lunch orders are complete:
- Click on the link below for January (the forms are also located on the Parent page of the website, under the Hot Lunch heading).
- Fill out and submit one form per child. You will receive an email confirmation for each order.
- Orders must be submitted by 8:00 PM the Friday before the week or month you are ordering for. Same day orders will no longer be accepted. Food is ordered and prepared in advance, so it’s very important that we receive orders on time.
- Single orders are $3.50 and double orders are $4.25.
- Submit your check or cash payment to the office. Please make the check out to ILS and write your child’s name and the month in the memo, or on the cash envelope.
- Payment is due by 8:00 AM the first Monday of the month. If you are ordering weekly, your payment is due by 8:00 AM on Monday. A $5 late fee will be charged for late payments.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
Orders are due by the Friday prior to the week or month you are ordering for. The first slice is $2 and each additional slice is $1.
Exact change only, or checks can be made out to ILS. If you are writing a check, please do not combine your pizza day payment with your hot lunch payment. Also, do not combine your JH/HS pizza day payment with a pizza day payment for the grade school.
Illinois Lutheran Schools App
Have you downloaded the Illinois Lutheran Schools App? This is the best way to receive the most up-to-date information from the school. It’s important that every parent downloads this app!
Check out the key features:
- Keep track of the events that are relevant to you.
- Get personalized notifications reminding you about events and schedules that are important to you.
- Sync events with your calendar with a click of a button.
- Access the Athletic & Activities calendar with one click.
- Enjoy the ease of finding all of the necessary information you need right here in the app!
- Get tailored information from your groups based on your subscriptions.
- Get the latest updates from Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.