Junior High & High School
News & Notes
2/13/20 – 2/20/20
Early Registration for the 2020-2021 School Year
Early Registration materials have been mailed. If you did not receive your materials, please call the office at 708.672.3262. The Early Registration fee for the 2020-2021 school year is $200 per child for grades kindergarten thru 12th grade, if the fee is paid before March 27, 2020. After March 27, the registration fee will be $300 per child. The preschool registration fee is $70 and will not change after the deadline.
Extra Special Early Bird Incentive!
If you register your child(ren) by March 1, 2020, you will be entered into a drawing for a $100 Visa® Gift Card! Five winners will be drawn at random.
A few points to highlight:
- The registration fee is non-refundable, as stated in our Student Handbook.
- The tuition rates for 2020-2021 are printed on the back of your registration invoice included in the mailing, pending Delegate approval.
- You can pay registration online with your credit card. Click here or on the link below, fill out the information and pay with your credit card (this year there is no additional fee for paying online).
Need-Based Financial Assistance:
- Your child(ren) must be registered for the 2020-2021 school year BEFORE applying for financial assistance.
- This year, returning school families applying for financial assistance are REQUIRED to do so BEFORE Friday, May 1, 2020. This is the cutoff date. You will not be considered for financial assistance unless you do so before this date.
- After the May 1, 2020 deadline, appeals from returning school families will only be accepted if something has changed since the time of your original application filing. (i.e. loss of job, income, etc.)
- Preschool children are not eligible for tuition assistance.
- Our Need-Based Financial Assistance application is only available online:
- Click on the link below to apply with FACTS.
- Login to FACTS. Either use your existing account information if you have applied before or create a new account.
- Click on the Apply for Financial Aid link and select the 2020-2021 school year.
- Fill out the required information and supply them with the necessary tax information.
- All forms must be submitted to FACTS before your application will be considered.
- FACTS does charge a fee for applying for financial assistance.
- All FACTS awards are based on need. Be as accurate and complete as possible when providing financial information.
Questions? Contact Jessica Bushey at 708.672.3262 or email@example.com.
Delegate Meeting Tonight
The Delegate Meeting will be held this evening, Thursday, February 13 at 7 PM at the high school. Materials have been mailed to all of the Delegates. Please be sure to read through all of the materials prior to the meeting.
Junior High Dance on Saturday
The Junior High Dance will be held this Saturday, February 15 at the high school from 6:30 – 9 PM. Payment and permission slips were due on February 7.
JH students will be playing Bingo for prizes on Saturday, February 22 from 2-3:30 PM in Trinity’s Fellowship Hall (1393 Elizabeth Street in Crete, IL). Please note the change to our start time, and bring a small snack to share. If you are willing to donate a prize or have any questions, contact Amanda at 708.287.8073 by February 20.
Versiti Blood Centers will be conducting a blood drive at Illinois Lutheran High School in the high school gym on Wednesday, February 19 from 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM. For more information or to schedule a donation time, click on the link below. Questions? Contact Mrs. Amanda Ventura or call the school office at 708.672.3262.
Mr. John Dorn has received a Call to teach 7th and 8th grade and be the principal at Trinity Lutheran School in Belle Plaine, MN. Please keep him in your prayers as he determines where his gifts are best used. He also welcomes your thoughts and opinions on the matter.
Winter Band Concert
On Sunday, February 23, the Illinois Lutheran bands will be presenting their Winter Concert. This event will take place in the high school gym at 2 PM. All of Illinois Lutheran’s instrumental ensembles from Beginner to High School will be featured playing a wide variety of pieces. Please join us for a wonderful afternoon of music!
No School Friday, February 28 – Teachers’ Conference
There will be no classes on Friday, February 28. The teachers will be attending the late winter teachers’ conference at Jerusalem Lutheran School in Morton Grove on that day.
ILHS Lock-In Rescheduled
The high school lock-in will be held on Saturday, February 22 from 5:45 PM to Sunday, February 23 at 5 AM.
- To attend, all high school students must check in at 5:45 PM at school and attend 6 PM church at Zion. Only students who check-in at 5:45 PM and attend worship at 6 PM will be admitted.
- Each student should bring a snack to share.
- There will be a couple of gaming rooms, and a movie room. All games/movies must be approved by Mr. Adickes.
- After the lock-in, each student is required to help clean up. At the end of the lock-in, once you finish with clean-up and sign out, you will get $5 back.
- Only those who handed in their permission slip and money will be able to attend.
Spring Break Coming Soon
There will be no school from Monday, March 9 – Friday, March 13 for Spring Break. Classes will resume on Monday, March 16.
Looking for a part-time job in a great working environment? A job that can really make a difference and support our school’s ministry? We are currently seeking an individual who would be interested in joining our maintenance staff. The position starts at $9.25 per hour. Applications can be handed in to either school office.
If you have any questions, please contact the high school office at 708.672.3262.
Golden Opportunity Books
Golden Opportunity books are now on sale at a discounted price of $15 each. Books are available to purchase at either school office. Quantities are limited.
We Need Your Support!
Do you want to share your experience and love for Illinois Lutheran with other families who are seeking a Christian education for their children? As Alumni and family of Illinois Lutheran, we truly value your opinion and would love you to share that with the world. There’s an easy way to do that! Please take a few moments and click on the link below to write a review of Illinois Lutheran High School at Niche.com. Thank you so much for your support!
FACTS Tuition for 2019 Tax Filing
Do you need a summary of tuition you paid for your 2019 tax filing? You can retrieve and print a summary of payments from FACTS:
- Login to your FACTS account
- Click on Actions, View Details
- Click on the Payments tab
- Click on View Printable Payment Summary
- Select the correct year from the drop down menu before you print your summary
Hot Lunch – March Orders Due February 28
A few easy steps and your lunch orders are complete:
- Click on the link below for January (the forms are also located on the Parent page of the website, under the Hot Lunch heading).
- Fill out and submit one form per child. You will receive an email confirmation for each order.
- Orders must be submitted by 8:00 PM the Friday before the week or month you are ordering for. Same day orders will no longer be accepted. Food is ordered and prepared in advance, so it’s very important that we receive orders on time.
- Single orders are $3.50 and double orders are $4.25.
- Submit your check or cash payment to the office. Please make the check out to ILS and write your child’s name and the month in the memo, or on the cash envelope.
- Payment is due by 8:00 AM the first Monday of the month. If you are ordering weekly, your payment is due by 8:00 AM on Monday. A $5 late fee will be charged for late payments.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Orders are due by the Friday prior to the week or month you are ordering for. The first slice is $2 and each additional slice is $1.
Exact change only, or checks can be made out to ILS. If you are writing a check, please do not combine your pizza day payment with your hot lunch payment. Also, do not combine your JH/HS pizza day payment with a pizza day payment for the grade school.
Illinois Lutheran Schools App
Have you downloaded the Illinois Lutheran Schools App? This is the best way to receive the most up-to-date information from the school. It’s important that every parent downloads this app!
Check out the key features:
- Keep track of the events that are relevant to you.
- Get personalized notifications reminding you about events and schedules that are important to you.
- Sync events with your calendar with a click of a button.
- Access the Athletic & Activities calendar with one click.
- Enjoy the ease of finding all of the necessary information you need right here in the app!
- Get tailored information from your groups based on your subscriptions.
- Get the latest updates from Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.