Junior High & High School
News & Notes
2/24/21 – 3/4/21
Early Registration for the 2021-2022 School Year
Dear Illinois Lutheran Parents,
Again this year, we are automatically re-registering your child(ren) for the next school year, and we are making it even easier for you. You do not need to fill out or return any additional forms.
Early Registration materials were mailed to families on February 2, 2021. If you did not receive your materials, please call the office at 708.672.3262.
If you do not plan to register your child or children for the 2021-2022 school year, please notify us in writing via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 1, 2021. We will send you a confirmation that the Registration Fee will not be added to your FACTS account.
Questions? Contact Mrs. Bushey at 708.672.3262, ext. 123 or email@example.com.
Need-Based Financial Assistance:
- You may now apply for financial assistance for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Returning school families applying for financial assistance are REQUIRED to do so BEFORE Saturday, May 1, 2021. This is the cutoff date. You will not be considered for financial assistance unless you do so before this date.
- After the May 1, 2021 deadline, appeals from returning school families will only be accepted if something has changed since the time of your original application filing. (i.e. loss of job, income, etc.)
- Preschool children are not eligible for tuition assistance.
- Our Need-Based Financial Assistance applications are available online:
- Login to FACTS. Either use your existing account information if you have applied before or create a new account.
- Click on the Apply for Financial Aid link and select the 2021-2022 school year.
- Fill out the required information and supply them with the necessary tax information.
- All forms must be submitted to FACTS before your application will be considered.
- FACTS does charge a fee for applying for financial assistance, which needs to be paid directly to FACTS upon submitting your application.
- All FACTS awards are based on need. Be as accurate and complete as possible when providing financial information.
Questions? Contact Mrs. Bushey at 708.672.3262 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter Break – No School
Both campuses will be closed for Winter Break on Thursday, February 25 and Friday, February 26 for Winter Break. Classes will resume on Monday, March 1.
Absences – PLEASE NOTIFY US BY 7:45 AM
If your child is going to be absent, please be sure to contact the school office by 7:45 AM at 708.672.3262 or send an email to email@example.com. Thank you!
If your child has any of the symptoms listed below, all other children in the household must stay home as well. Questions? Please contact the office at 708.672.3262.
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Abdominal pain
- Congestion or runny nose
- New loss of sense of taste or smell
- Muscle or body aches
We would love for you to share the blessings of Christian education with your friends and family! Please feel free to share the following open house information:
Elementary School Open House
- Entering Grade 6 or under
- Sunday, February 28
- 1:00 – 3:00 PM
- 448 Cass Street in Crete
- Tuesday, March 2
- 1 – 2:30 PM or 6 – 7:30 PM
- 448 Cass Street in Crete
- Reservations are required. Reserve your spot by Monday, February 22 by calling the elementary campus at 708.672.5969.
Receive a Tuition Credit!
If you refer a new family and they register and attend ILS during the 21-22 school year, YOU WILL RECEIVE A $100 TUITION CREDIT for the 21-22 school year!
New families who attend an open house will receive a $100 registration discount for the 21-22 school year and will be entered into a drawing for a $500 scholarship for the 21-22 school year!
- Wednesday, February 17
- Wednesday, February 24
- Wednesday, March 3
- Wednesday, March 10
- Wednesday, March 17
- Wednesday, March 24
- Every Wednesday, Trinity’s service will be held at 3:30 PM. Registration is required.
- Every Wednesday, Zion’s service will be held at 7 PM. There is no registration required.
The annual Congressional Art Competition sponsored by Congresswoman Robin Kelly will occur digitally this year. Any students in grades 7 – 12 who are interested should contact Mrs. Spiaser.
The Delegate Meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 2 at 7 PM. Materials have been mailed to all of the Delegates. Please be sure to read through all of the materials prior to the meeting.
FACTS Tuition for 2020 Tax Filing
Do you need a summary of tuition you paid for your 2020 tax filing? You can retrieve and print a summary of payments from FACTS:
- Login to your FACTS account
- Click on Actions, View Details
- Click on the Payments tab
- Click on View Printable Payment Summary
- Select the correct year from the drop down menu before you print your summary
Emergency Closing Center
Please note that for school closings due to bad weather, you will be contacted with the information that is on file. Please be sure the information is up to date. You can click on this link to check the Emergency Closing Center for school closings.
Hot Lunch Program
Illinois Lutheran Schools works with School Eatery to provide hot lunch to our students. School Eatery works with local restaurants to offer several options every day for your child. The February menu is now open.
To set up your account, please click on these links and refer to the following instructions:
- Junior High/High School Parents
- Elementary School Parents
- Once you set up your account and place your child’s hot lunch order, you will make your payment directly to School Eatery.
- If you have any questions about ordering or the payment process, please contact School Eatery directly at 800.570.6755 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have children in both buildings, you will need to set up a separate account and login with a separate email.
Spring Break – Week of March 8
Spring Break is right around the corner! Both campuses will be closed for Spring Break from Monday, March 8 – Friday, March 12. Classes will resume on Monday, March 15.
As the COVID-19 pandemic and information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) continues to evolve, we will update you with the most current information that we have available.
Directions for eLearning at ILS
For students who will be remote learning at home, use these Remote Learning Instructions to view the directions for logging into your classes.
Remote Learners – Reminders
Just a couple of reminders for students who are remote learning.
- If your child is going to be absent from class, please notify the office by 7:45 AM at 708.672.3262 or email@example.com.
- Remote learners need to make sure that they are checking the Daily Bulletin every morning by 8:30 AM as well as during Chapel. There may be information posted there that they need to know for the day.
Do you need to order milk, PE uniform, Bible, etc? Please submit your electronic Bookstore Order. For your convenience, your fees will be added to your FACTS account, and you will no longer need to make payments in the office. Questions? Contact Mrs. Jessica Bushey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A routine family devotion is essential for the Christian family. Reading the Bible, singing, and praying together. Do you need help creating a meaningful family devotional time? Click here for Daily Devotion ideas.
Illinois Lutheran Schools App
Have you downloaded the Illinois Lutheran Schools App? This is the best way to receive the most up-to-date information from the school. It’s important that every parent downloads this app!
Check out the key features:
- Keep track of the events that are relevant to you.
- Get personalized notifications reminding you about events and schedules that are important to you.
- Sync events with your calendar with a click of a button.
- Access the Athletic & Activities calendar with one click.
- Enjoy the ease of finding all of the necessary information you need right here in the app!
- Get tailored information from your groups based on your subscriptions.
- Get the latest updates from Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.