Junior High & High School
News & Notes
1/20/22 – 1/27/22
FACTS Tuition for 2021 Tax Filing
Do you need a summary of tuition and fees you paid for your 2021 tax filing? You can retrieve and print a summary of payments from FACTS:
- Login to your FACTS account
- On the home page, click View Details
- Click View Payment Summary on the details screen
- Ensure the correct Calendar Year or date range is selected
- Click Print
Early Release Day – Tuesday, January 25
Tuesday, January 25 will be an early release day for Teacher In-Service.
- JH/HS students will be released at 11:30 AM
- Grade school students will be released at 11:15 AM
- Preschool students will be released at 11:30 AM
LAST DAY TO ORDER!
Special Spirit Wear Store – Softball, Baseball & Track Gear
Exciting news for our Chargers! Illinois Lutheran Schools is hosting a “SPIRIT STORE” featuring Charger softball, baseball and track gear, and it’s completely online! The shop IS OPEN and will close tonight, Thursday, January 20.
This is a unique promotional event where CHARGER parents, students, families, friends and alumni can order spirit wear of all kinds, brands and price points. The store will offer CHARGER t-shirts, sweatshirts, quarter-zips, polos, joggers and different styles of shirts.
- The shop IS OPEN and will close tonight, Thursday, January 20.
- Online payment is due at the time of purchase (ILS will not accept payments for purchases).
- There is a shipping charge.
- Items will be shipped to ILS and distributed to students.
- If you want the item to be a “surprise,” please contact the HIGH SCHOOL ONLY at 708.672.3262.
- Due to the pandemic, shipping is expected to be at least 6 weeks.
Thank you for supporting ILS!
Due to a toner shortage, the Illinois Lutheran newsletter is being distributed electronically. If you would like to request a printed copy of the newsletter, please contact Mrs. Jessica Bushey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
High School Winter Dance 2022
This year, ILHS will be hosting a Winter Turnabout on January 29 from 7 – 10 PM in the high school gymnasium. The cost is $22, and tickets are on sale thru the 21st. The dress-code will be semi-formal, and you can find further details on what that means in the student handbook on pages 28-29. Questions? Contact Mr. Phil Adickes at email@example.com.
JH Girls Basketball
All students who are interested in participating in this sport are required to register online before the first practice.
Be sure to check the athletic calendar online for any updates that are made to the schedule.
A coach, parent, and student meeting will be held after practice at the high school on Thursday, January 27 at 5:00 PM.
Team pictures are scheduled for Thursday, February 3 at 3:00 PM at the high school. A few days after pictures are taken, a link will be sent to you from Image Group for ordering.
We ask that parents plan to volunteer for concessions at least 2-3 times during the sport season. You are not required to volunteer for your child’s sport or during their game (for example, if you have a junior high basketball player, you can volunteer for a grade school basketball game). You can reserve your volunteer spots by clicking HERE. We appreciate your support!
The Illinois Lutheran Board of Directors placed the following calls:
Mr. Brent Bitter has been called to serve as the elementary school principal. Mr. Bitter currently serves as the staff minister at Grace Lutheran Church in Charlotte, NC.
Mrs. Sarah Sell has been called to serve as the kindergarten teacher. Mrs. Sell currently serves as the kindergarten teacher at Bay Pines Lutheran School in Seminole, FL.
Mr. Jeffry Sell has been called to serve as the technology director and science teacher at the junior high and high school. Mr. Sell currently serves as the principal, 7-8 grade teacher, and 5-8 grade science teacher at Bay Pines Lutheran School in Seminole, FL.
Mr. Andrew Pappenfuss has been called to teach high school science. Mr. Pappenfuss currently serves as a teacher at Michigan Lutheran High School in Saint Joseph, MI.
Mr. Peter Iles has been called to teach high school English. Mr. Iles currently serves as a teacher and director of technology at Wisconsin Lutheran High School in Milwaukee, WI.
We are confident that God has just the right people in mind, and we pray that He gives us patience to see His work happen among us!
Emergency Closing Center
Please note that for school closings due to bad weather, you will be contacted with the information that is on file. Please be sure that your information is up to date. You can click on this link to check the Emergency Closing Center for school closings.
FREE Charger Parent T-Shirts
Illinois Lutheran Schools is excited to offer a FREE Charger “Mom” and “Dad” t-shirt to parents of current students. If you missed the first round of orders, you can still order your shirt! Please fill out and submit THIS FORM. T-shirt orders will be distributed to your oldest child.
- One t-shirt is allowed per parent.
- You must submit an order to receive a t-shirt.
- If we are out of the size that you order, we will give you a larger size.
- If your t-shirt is lost or damaged, a new one can be purchased for $10 (while supplies last).
Hot Lunch Program
Illinois Lutheran Schools is working with School Eatery again for the 21-22 school year to provide hot lunch to our students. School Eatery works with local restaurants to offer several options every day for your child.
To set up your account, please click on these links and refer to the following instructions:
- Junior High/High School Parents
- Elementary School Parents
- Payments will be made directly to School Eatery.
- If you have any questions about ordering or the payment process, please contact School Eatery directly at 800.570.6755. or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have children in both buildings, you will need to set up separate accounts.
Please familiarize yourself with our COVID-19 procedures. A reminder that if your child has any of the symptoms listed below, they must stay home and all other children in the household must stay home as well. Please notify the office by 8:00 AM at 708.672.3262 if your child will be absent.
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- New loss of sense of taste or smell
- Muscle or body aches
As the COVID-19 pandemic and information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) continues to evolve, we will update you with the most current information that we have available.