Preschool – 6th Grade
5/3/21 – 5/9/21
Jesus – A Promise Made – He’s Sure to Keep!
Many people within the Christian church will agree that the two most important dates in the Christian church year are Christmas and Easter. This is certainly true. We know the importance and necessity of Christ’s birth; that day when he came to earth, took on human flesh, and began to live that perfect life that we could not. At Easter we celebrate his resurrection; proof positive that we, too, will rise because we know Jesus has conquered death. Perhaps third on the list is Good Friday. There we watched Jesus suffer for the sins of all, paying the price, being forsaken by his heavenly Father, and then defeating the devil as he cried out: “It is finished!”
The festival of Ascension is a very important festival, too. This festival, celebrated 40 days after Easter, is on the day when Jesus met his disciples one last time before returning to heaven to prepare a place for each one of us. This festival gives us direction as we await his return. He tells us to “Go and make disciples of all nations” in Matthew 28:19. He assures us that he is with us always in Matthew 28:20 so we can be confident we do not carry out this task alone. He also assures us that he will return. In Acts 1:11 the angels appeared to the disciples and assured them that he will come back for us.
There is so much comfort in this section. We are comforted to know Jesus’ departure was witnessed – yet another proof of the resurrection. We are motivated to carry out the task he has given. We are excited to know there’s a place for us in heaven. And we are thrilled to know that he will return. May we always keep this threefold truth of our Christian faith in our hearts, minds, and on our lips: “Christ has died! Christ is risen! Christ will come again!”
REMINDER – Important Schedule Change
This summer we are excited to be starting the first phase of our remodeling and renovation project on our campus. We will be completing upgrades and improvements to the bathrooms, office areas, electrical service, boiler and boiler room, student tutoring rooms, and common teacher work areas. This large project will take time and we want to provide as much room for the crews to work as possible.
With that information in mind, it has become necessary for us to change our final day of classes for this school year from Friday, May 28 to Friday, May 21. This schedule change will only directly affect grades 1-6 since this is already the last day for the Preschool and Kindergarten classrooms. Kindergarten screenings will still take place that week on the day and time that families have selected. These screenings will now take place at Trinity Lutheran Church – just across the road.
Please make necessary preparations now for this change. The Jr/HS campus will still finish classes on Friday, May 28. We are so happy to see this process really get going and are even more excited to see how these changes will make for an even greater environment here at ILS!
Teacher Appreciation Week
A big thank you to the teachers at Illinois Lutheran Schools.
Early Release – Friday, May 7, 2021
Students will be released early on Friday, May 7 for Teacher In-Service Day. These Faculty In-Service days are a key component in the ongoing development and improvement of the curriculum at Illinois Lutheran.
- Elementary dismissal at 11:15 AM
- Pre-K Early dismissal at 11:30 AM
- Jr High & High School dismissal at 11:30 AM
ILS Charger Spiritwear
Last call for Spiritwear! Anyone wanting any of our ILS Spiritwear, please have your order forms in by Tuesday, May 4. This will allow time for you to have the items before school is out. Thank you in advance!
Illinois Lutheran Outdoor Music Festival
We would like to invite you to the Illinois Lutheran Outdoor Music Festival featuring all Illinois Lutheran bands, choirs, ensembles and soloists!
The Festival will be held outdoors on the south side of Illinois Lutheran High School (1610 Main Street in Crete, IL) on Sunday, May 16 at 2:00 PM. Food and drinks will be sold during the Festival.
Please bring your own chairs. Masks and social distancing will be required. Join us for a wonderful afternoon as we celebrate our students and their musical abilities!
Questions? Please contact Mr. Josiah Willitz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708.672.3262, ext. 108.
Illinois Lutheran Preschool Prep
Illinois Lutheran is hosting a Preschool Open House! Please share the information below with family and friends.
Wednesday, May 12th, 530PM- 730PM
Illinois Lutheran Elementary School 448 Cass Street, Crete, IL 60417
Why is a Christian education so important for our children? What makes Illinois Lutheran Schools different from the school right in your neighborhood? We will gladly answer those questions and any others as we introduce you and your preschooler to the safe environment our gentle and supportive Christian-trained teachers provide every single day. Meet our teachers, tour the classrooms and find out what a day in Preschool at ILS is all about! *If you apply and register AT THE OPEN HOUSE, you will receive a $20 registration discount*
FACTS Tuition for the 2021-2022 School Year
Tuition accounts for the 2021-2022 school year will be activated at the end of May. Once your account is activated, FACTS will charge you a one time annual fee, depending on how many payments you have selected to make. The fees are as follows:
- One payment: $20
- Two Payments: $20
- Three or More Payments: $50
Changes to your Account:
- If you need to change your payment plan or any dates associated with your payments, contact Mrs. Jessica Bushey at email@example.com. Please do not set up a new account in FACTS. Any changes to your schedule should be made by the office.
- If you need to update your financial information, you can login to FACTS and make the change (the office does not have the ability to change your financial information).
FACTS charges these additional fees as well:
- Credit card service fee is 2.85%
- Returned payment fee is $30 per incident
- Peace of mind benefit insurance (optional) is $20
Questions? Contact Mrs. Bushey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708.672.3262, ext. 123.
The Illinois Lutheran Summer Charger Camps are open for registration!
- All camp grade levels are based on the grade the student is entering in the fall of 2021.
- REGISTER ONLINE ONLY – Registration and payment is due one week before the camp starts.
- Masks and social distancing will be required, per IDPH guidelines.
- Camp attendees should bring bottled water.
- Click here to view the 2021 Summer Charger Camp brochure.
Questions? Please contact Mr. Nate Hinz, Illinois Lutheran Activities Director, at 708.672.3262, ext. 114 or email@example.com.
ILS Golf Outing
We are very happy to announce that our Boosters 24th Annual ILS Golf Outing is June 19, 2021! The Golf Outing Registration Form and Golf Outing Sponsor Form are now available in the school and church offices. We will have a few changes due to Covid, but we are hoping and praying for a beautiful day!
Hot Lunch Coordinator
Illinois Lutheran Schools is looking for a new Coordinator for our Hot Lunch Program. This individual will be in charge of:
- Manage a high functioning kitchen team and weekly schedule.
- Plan, prepare, present and deliver all meals served at both school buildings.
- Purchase food and supplies, and manage inventory.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Compliance with federal, state, county and local regulations.
- Maintain accurate budget, and work within the guidelines set forth in the budget.
- Inspect food storage rooms for upkeep and supply control.
- Maintain a sanitary work environment and conform to all local codes and policies regarding proper storage, handling and serving of food.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing necessary forms, reports, evaluations, studies, etc. to assure control of equipment and supplies.
- Will need to complete class(es) for approved food handlers license, and agree to be fingerprinted.
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal as needed.
We Need Your Support!
Do you want to share your experience and love for Illinois Lutheran with other families who are seeking a Christian education for their children? There’s an easy way to do that! Plus, you’ll be entered into a $1,000 sweepstakes for taking a short survey about Illinois Lutheran High School. As a part of the Illinois Lutheran family we truly value your opinion and would love you to share that with the world. Please take a few moments and click on the link below to write a review of Illinois Lutheran High School at Niche.com. If we reach 75 reviews by May 14, we will be rewarding our students with an ice cream day! Thank you so much for your support!
School Eatery – Hot Lunch Program
We are using School Eatery for the rest of the school year. School Eatery will work with local restaurants to offer several options every day for your child. Set up your account and place your order today!
- Click on Sign Up
- Click on PARENTS CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
- Your school code is ILES
- Once you set up your account and place your child’s hot lunch order, you will make your payment directly to School Eatery
- If you have any questions about ordering or the payment process, please contact School Eatery directly at 800.570.6755 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have children in the jr high/ high school building, you will need to set up a separate account and login with a different email (please click here for information for the jr high/ high school)
- Apple iOS Mobile App users can download our Hotlunch App. Your Domain for app authentication is schooleatery.
We have been watching the website to see when the link for our current ChristLight lessons will be available – nothing yet…. While waiting for the lessons to get back on track with our schedule, why not check out some of the other great resources on the page at www.breadforbeggars.com.
App Exclusive: Families are able to get gift cards shipped directly to their home. Families will have the option to get physical cards from select brands delivered right to their door – only in the mobile app, RaiseRight. It’s a safe and easy way to conveniently get eGift cards and physical gift cards from the comfort of home.
Don’t have a ShopWithScrip account? Sign up on our mobile app, RaiseRight™, or on ShopWithScrip.com to join in the earning. Ask your coordinator for the enrollment form and code to get started today. Also, pay with your linked bank account or your credit card to get eGift cards and use reloaded money immediately. Click the link below for more details.
Are you familiar with AmazonSmile? AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Illinois Lutheran Schools every time you shop with Amazon.com, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. Please consider supporting Illinois Lutheran with your next AmazonSmile purchases!
Golden Opportunity Books – Discounted Price
Golden Opportunity Books are on sale for $15 at both of the school campuses. Two versions are available: Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana. These books offer great discounts for restaurants, movies and more! If paying by check, please make checks out to Illinois Lutheran.
If your child is going to be absent for the day (whether they are face-to-face or remote learning), please be sure to contact the school office at 708-672-5969 by 8:00 AM. In order for teachers to prepare the materials for your child, we need to have advanced notice. Thank you!
If your child has any of the symptoms listed below, all other children in the household must stay home as well. Questions? Please contact the office at 708-672-5969.
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Abdominal pain
- Congestion or runny nose
- New loss of sense of taste or smell
- Muscle or body aches
As the COVID-19 pandemic and information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) continues to evolve, we will update you with the most current information that we have available.
With having a couple weeks now under our belts, it really seems the students are adjusting well to some of the health and safety measures we have in place. Here are just a few things that we have noted:
- Face Coverings – It is very helpful to send an extra face covering (or two) with your child. We have extra disposable face coverings if needed, but it makes it easier for the student to wear what they are most comfortable/familiar with.
- Water Bottles – Our drinking fountains are on at ILES, they will be cleaned regularly, and we have extra sanitizer by each of them. However, it is easiest and provides the least amount of risk to have students bring refillable water bottles from home.
- Health Screenings – Please continue to be vigilant with assessing your child’s health daily before they come to school. Also consider your health and any potential exposure you may have had to the Covid virus. If you think you or someone in your family may have been exposed to the virus, or if you identify symptoms that might be associated to Covid, it is best to stay home. This might cause some inconvenience. But please understand: with the guidelines we have to follow here at school one case could lead to major consequences for our in-person learning program. It’s so good to have the students back – we want to keep them here!
- If We Call – The state guidelines we are required to follow are very clear about how we are to treat symptoms. If they occur, we are required to send students (and siblings) home. We do initially separate the student with symptoms and give them a chance to cool off or catch his/her breath – after all, running around outside could increase a temperature or cause a cough or some sneezes – but if symptoms persist, we must act appropriately. Thank you for your cooperation if we call. We will do our best to explain what we have observed and the actions you should take so your child may return to school as soon as possible! And remember, even from home your child can be “at” school by joining through Google classroom!
Have you downloaded the Illinois Lutheran Schools App? This is the best way to receive the most up-to-date information from the school. It’s important that every parent downloads this app!
Check out the key features:
- Keep track of the events that are relevant to you.
- Get personalized notifications reminding you about events and schedules that are important to you.
- Sync events with your calendar with a click of a button.
- Access the Athletic & Activities calendar with one click.
- Enjoy the ease of finding all of the necessary information you need right here in the app!
- Get tailored information from your groups based on your subscriptions.
- Get the latest updates from Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.