Preschool – 6th Grade
3/1/21 – 3/14/21
Jesus – The Invitation is Extended, All Entrance Requirements are Met!
ChristLight lessons we continue to learn at Jesus’ feet during the days leading up to his suffering, death, and resurrection. Many of his lessons during this week were quite blunt in speaking of who will go to heaven and how they will gain entry.
One such parable is the parable of the wedding banquet recorded in Matthew 22:1-14. This parable has some similarities to another parable where Jesus teaches of the excuses that guests made and the extension of the invitation to anyone who would like to come. However, this parable speaks more of those who rejected the invitation. Not only did some reject the invitation, but they also went as far as mistreating the messengers. Jesus was speaking directly to the religious leaders of the day. Jesus points out that he, the Messiah, is here. He points out the invitation has (and is) extended for all. He even points out that every requirement needed for entry – namely the invitation and the garments – are all set for them. Yet they reject the invitation, and the consequences are severe and eternal!
We would do well to listen to this parable. It reminds us of the awesome gift, freely given through Jesus. Yet it also warns us of our stubbornness. We can easily lose track of the invitation. We can begin to rely on earning our way in. We can fool ourselves into thinking that there will have to be exceptions. But there is not. Jesus clearly says: “I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6) Hear the invitation call from our Savior, accept the invitation and gladly wear the robes of righteousness, washed clean in Jesus’ blood! Consider the words from the well-known hymn “Rock of Ages” (CW 389 v. 3)
Nothing in my hand I bring, Simply to thy cross I cling;
Naked, come to thee for dress, Helpless, look to thee for grace.
Foul, I to the fountain fly — Wash me, Savior, or I die!
Spring Break is right around the corner! Both campuses will be closed for Spring Break from Monday, March 8 – Friday, March 12. Classes will resume on Monday, March 15.
Early Registration for the 2021-2022 School Year
Dear Illinois Lutheran Parents,
Again this year, we are automatically re-registering your child(ren) for the next school year, and we are making it even easier for you. You do not need to fill out or return any additional forms.
Please read the registration letter below, which was mailed to you on Tuesday, February 2, 2021. If you did not receive your materials in the mail, please call the high school office at 708-672-5969.
Need-Based Financial Assistance:
- You may now apply for financial assistance for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Returning school families applying for financial assistance are REQUIRED to do so BEFORE Saturday, May 1, 2021. This is the cutoff date. You will not be considered for financial assistance unless you do so before this date.
- After the May 1, 2021 deadline, appeals from returning school families will only be accepted if something has changed since the time of your original application filing. (i.e. loss of job, income, etc.)
- At this time, preschool children are not eligible for tuition assistance.
- Our Need-Based Financial Assistance applications are available online:
- Login to FACTS. Either use your existing account information if you have applied before or create a new account.
- Click on the Apply for Financial Aid link and select the 2021-2022 school year.
- Fill out the required information and supply them with the necessary tax information.
- All forms must be submitted to FACTS before your application will be considered.
- FACTS does charge a fee for applying for financial assistance, which needs to be paid directly to FACTS upon submitting your application.
- All FACTS awards are based on need. Be as accurate and complete as possible when providing financial information.
Questions? Contact Mrs. Bushey at 708.672.3262 or email@example.com.
Kindergarten Round Up
We would love for you to share the blessings of Christian education with your friends and family! Please feel free to share the following information:
- Tuesday, March 2
- 1 – 2:30 PM or 6 – 7:30 PM
- 448 Cass Street in Crete
- Reservations are required. Reserve your spot by calling the elementary campus at 708-672-5969.
Are you a picture taker? When attending a game or class party do you have your phone out to snap some pics of those kids having fun? We are looking for your help. If you take pictures at any ILES or Jr. High event this year, whether a game, class party, or field trip we want to see them. We are looking for pictures that we can add to this year’s yearbook. During the year if you have taken some pictures of your child’s class please consider sharing them with Mrs. Oestmann for possible use in the yearbook. Pictures can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
FACTS Tuition for 2020 Tax Filing
Do you need a summary of tuition you paid for your 2020 tax filing? You can retrieve and print a summary of payments from FACTS.
- Login to your FACTS account
- Click on View Details
- Click on View Payment Summary
- Select the correct year from the drop down menu before you print your summary
Powerschool is the data management and gradebook program our school uses. Teachers in grades 1-6 use Powerschool to provide an ongoing report of each student’s progress. For families with students in Grades 1-6 – if you have not accessed Powerschool and need access information, please email Principal Falck – email@example.com. If you have accessed Powerschool in the past and perhaps forgotten a password or something, you can email Principal Falck, too. He would be happy to help you out!
Do you need to order milk, PE uniform, Bible, etc? Please submit your electronic Bookstore Order. For your convenience, your fees will be added to your FACTS account, and you will no longer need to make payments in the office. Questions? Contact Mrs. Elizabeth Oestmann at 708-672-5969 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency Closing Center
Please note that for school closings due to bad weather, you will be contacted with the information that is on file. Please be sure the information is up to date. You can click here to check the Emergency Closing Center for school closings.
As we continue to live in a very fluid situation in Illinois and COVID mitigations, we are now able to offer more seating to all of our home games. Beginning February 25th, parents of players may sign up for their household up to 3 people. We do ask that you follow the following guidelines.
1. You may sign up your immediate household only up to 3 people.
2. Your immediate household are asked to sit together and wear masks throughout the contest.
3. You will need to keep social distancing between other households.
Questions? Contact Mr. Hinz at email@example.com. Thank you for your continued understanding and patience.
Lent Worship Services
We are happy to announce that both Trinity and Zion will offer mid-week Lent services.
- Trinity – Wednesdays at 3:30 PM
- Zion – Wednesdays at 7:00 PM
Please note that you should register online to attend the Trinity Lent services.
In-Person & Remote Church Services
We are using School Eatery for the rest of the school year. School Eatery will work with local restaurants to offer several options every day for your child. Set up your account and place your order today!
- Click on Sign Up
- Click on PARENTS CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
- Your school code is ILES
- Once you set up your account and place your child’s hot lunch order, you will make your payment directly to School Eatery
- If you have any questions about ordering or the payment process, please contact School Eatery directly at 800.570.6755 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have children in the jr high/ high school building, you will need to set up a separate account and login with a different email (please click here for information for the jr high/ high school)
- Apple iOS Mobile App users can download our Hotlunch App. Your Domain for app authentication is schooleatery.
Bread for Beggars
We have been watching the website to see when the link for our current ChristLight lessons will be available – nothing yet…. While waiting for the lessons to get back on track with our schedule, why not check out some of the other great resources on the page at www.breadforbeggars.com.
The two-day ThankScriping Day is almost here. (Feb. 18th & 19th) Take advantage of the earning event and make an even bigger impact on your rebate—without leaving your home.
Need a contactless way to get your gift cards, or to give gift cards to friends and family? Use the ship to home feature, available exclusively in our mobile app, RaiseRight™.
Don’t have a ShopWithScrip account? Sign up on our mobile app, RaiseRight™, or on ShopWithScrip.com to join in the earning. Ask your coordinator for the enrollment form and code to get started today. Also, pay with your linked bank account or your credit card to get eGift cards and use reloaded money immediately. Click the link below for more details.
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Illinois Lutheran Schools every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. Help out Illinois Lutheran during this season of giving!
Golden Opportunity Books
Golden Opportunity Books are on sale for $25 at both of the school campuses. Two versions are available: Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana. These books offer great discounts for restaurants, movies and more! If paying by check, please make checks out to Illinois Lutheran.
If your child is going to be absent for the day (whether they are face-to-face or remote learning), please be sure to contact the school office at 708-672-5969 by 8:00 AM. In order for teachers to prepare the materials for your child, we need to have advanced notice. Thank you!
If your child has any of the symptoms listed below, all other children in the household must stay home as well. Questions? Please contact the office at 708-672-5969.
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Abdominal pain
- Congestion or runny nose
- New loss of sense of taste or smell
- Muscle or body aches
As the COVID-19 pandemic and information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) continues to evolve, we will update you with the most current information that we have available.
Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA)
In compliance with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA), we are required annually to inform all parents, teachers and staff as to the availability of our asbestos management plan as well as any activities which have taken place in the previous year.
Our asbestos management plan is on file in the Business Office. All interested partied are welcome to view the management plan during normal school hours.
With having a couple weeks now under our belts, it really seems the students are adjusting well to some of the health and safety measures we have in place. Here are just a few things that we have noted:
- Face Coverings – It is very helpful to send an extra face covering (or two) with your child. We have extra disposable face coverings if needed, but it makes it easier for the student to wear what they are most comfortable/familiar with.
- Water Bottles – Our drinking fountains are on at ILES, they will be cleaned regularly, and we have extra sanitizer by each of them. However, it is easiest and provides the least amount of risk to have students bring refillable water bottles from home.
- Health Screenings – Please continue to be vigilant with assessing your child’s health daily before they come to school. Also consider your health and any potential exposure you may have had to the Covid virus. If you think you or someone in your family may have been exposed to the virus, or if you identify symptoms that might be associated to Covid, it is best to stay home. This might cause some inconvenience. But please understand: with the guidelines we have to follow here at school one case could lead to major consequences for our in-person learning program. It’s so good to have the students back – we want to keep them here!
- If We Call – The state guidelines we are required to follow are very clear about how we are to treat symptoms. If they occur, we are required to send students (and siblings) home. We do initially separate the student with symptoms and give them a chance to cool off or catch his/her breath – after all, running around outside could increase a temperature or cause a cough or some sneezes – but if symptoms persist, we must act appropriately. Thank you for your cooperation if we call. We will do our best to explain what we have observed and the actions you should take so your child may return to school as soon as possible! And remember, even from home your child can be “at” school by joining through Google classroom!
Have you downloaded the Illinois Lutheran Schools App? This is the best way to receive the most up-to-date information from the school. It’s important that every parent downloads this app!
Check out the key features:
- Keep track of the events that are relevant to you.
- Get personalized notifications reminding you about events and schedules that are important to you.
- Sync events with your calendar with a click of a button.
- Access the Athletic & Activities calendar with one click.
- Enjoy the ease of finding all of the necessary information you need right here in the app!
- Get tailored information from your groups based on your subscriptions.
- Get the latest updates from Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.