Meet Our Superintendent, Pastor Troy Swenson
Pastor Troy Swenson is from Wisconsin. He graduated from Martin Luther College with a Bachelors in Liberal Arts from Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary with a Masters of Divinity.
Pastor Swenson was called to serve as the first superintendent of Illinois Lutheran Schools in 2016. He is responsible for carrying out the mission of the school and casting the vision. He provides direction and support for the spiritual growth, academic excellence, and co-curriculars of the students and teachers. He is also committed to providing support to our local churches and community through the different groups at Illinois Lutheran Schools.
Pastor Swenson has been blessed by the Lord to serve our children, young adults, and families over the years in the following capacities:
- Adjunct Professor at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Associate Pastor at Saint Lucas in Kewaskum, WI
- Member of the Board of Directors at Kettle Moraine Lutheran High School
- Chairman of the Finance Committee at Kettle Moraine Lutheran High School
- Chairman of the Care Committee for Called Workers at Kettle Moraine Lutheran High School
- Coordinator for Youth Discipleship in the Nebraska District
- Pastor at Shepherd of the Plains in Fort Morgan, CO
- Vicar at Christ Lutheran in Zumbrota, MN
Pastor Swenson enjoys playing golf and basketball, watching professional football and college basketball, going to movies, reading, traveling, and worshiping our Lord with his wife, Monica, and their three children.
Pastor Swenson shares this thought with you, “Illinois Lutheran is more than an institution of academic and co-curricular excellence. Illinois Lutheran is a family. It is a family that walks with Jesus through His Word each day. It is a family that faces challenges and celebrations together knowing that all things work out for the good of those who have faith in Jesus. It is a family that is bonded together through the death and resurrection of our Saviour, Jesus Christ, and will remain together for all eternity. It is a family that I am proud to call my own!”